When you enable the send to hometown newspapers option in the publishing workflow, Merit will send each student's story in the form of a press release back to their hometown newspapers.
- Merit matches students with newspapers based on their postal code.
- There are 2 types of press releases, group releases and individual releases. To learn more about the two types of press releases, click here.
Merit automatically determines which students should be listed on each press release, as well as the format (group or individual). All you need to do is write the story and use the appropriate placeholders!
Example of a press release email sent to a newspaper:
Additional email specifications:
- The "sender name" for emails sent to the media is always "readMedia Newswire."
- Emails to the media are always sent from the address "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- The subject line of an email to the media is always the headline from the press release section of your achievement, either the group headline or the individual headline, depending on what version is sent to the recipient.
- The yellow banner contains a link to each newspapers custom Merit Media Portal, where they can view all their press releases, download student lists, and more. Learn more about the Merit Media Portal here.