Every newspaper in the Merit Media Network has a free Merit page containing a robust set of features for the media, including:
- A permanent record of every press release sent by Merit to that newspaper, filtered by year
- Downloadable lists of the students included in a press release, enabling newspapers to organize student information in a way that's most useful to them.
- Links to the online version of the story on meritpages.com
- Downloadable photo attachments if they are included with the press release
- The ability to view and correct zip code coverage information
- The ability to follow all news from institutions in your area, regardless of the hometowns of the students included.
Every email will originate from the same email address - email@example.com. Here's an example of an email:
Each newspaper's account contains a list, in chronological order, of all of the stories featuring students in that newspaper's designated coverage area.
Each story can be seen in text-only format by clicking on the headline. This version of the story features only the students who are inside of the paper's designated coverage area. To download a full list of students in the designated coverage area, click Export as a .csv file.
Clicking View Online will launch the story on the institution's Merit Page, listing only the students in the designated coverage area.
To edit, add, or remove a zip code from the designated coverage area, click Report a Problem on the Media Page.
News stories from local institutions
All stories can be viewed from each institution within the designated coverage area, even though the story may not include students from the designated coverage area. These institutions can be sorted in the News In Your Area section on the Media Page.
For more information about free accounts for newspapers, contact Merit at firstname.lastname@example.org