Automated Student Imports
To use our automated student import feature, customers will need to generate a CSV file named students.csv containing the fields below. Note, while field order is not important, field name is. Fields must be named exactly as indicated below.
- first: Student's first name. Required.
- middle: Student's middle name. Optional.
- last: Student's last name. Required.
- gender: Student's gender; free-form field. Optional.
- city: Student's hometown city. Required.
- state: Student's hometown state. Optional.
- zip: Student's hometown postal code; used to match newspapers and gov't. Required.
- email: Student's primary email address, e.g., school email. Required.
- email2: Student's secondary email address, e.g., personal email. Optional.
- major: Student's major; free-form field. Optional.
- minor: Student's minor; free-form field. Optional.
- degree: Student's degree; free-form field. Optional.
- class_year: Student's class year; must be a four digit number; e.g., 2016. Optional.
- ceeb_codes: Student's CEEB codes; separate multiple values with commas. Optional.
- parent_zips: Student's parent's postal codes if different than the student's postal code; used to match parent's newspapers; separate multiple values with commas. Optional.
- parent_emails: Student's parent's email addresses; separate multiple values with commas. Optional.
- opt_out: Student's opt-out status; 0/1 or false/true where 0,false = opt in and 1,true = opt out. Optional.
*Note that opted out students cannot be opted in through this process.
SOURCE is the name of the file you are uploading
BUCKET should be set to: meritpages-com-uploads
SECRET is a value generated for each customer and should not be shared
PREFIX should be set to the subdomain you using on merit
TARGET should be set to: students.csv