About Media Monitoring
Media monitoring searches the web for relevant news articles that relate to your institution, and gives you convenient ways to process, review, and share that data. In addition to that, Merit uses our exclusive A.I. technology to also search for stories about individual students at your school.
How does Media Monitoring work?
When monitoring is activated for your account, Merit automatically looks for mentions of your institution's name - and also for custom keywords you determine - in news articles and social media accounts online. The results are provided to you in daily emails, and also in your Merit account. You will find these results on the the "Mentions" tab inside your account
What articles will I see?
You'll see news articles and social media mentions about your school and students that were discovered online, including:
- Stories about your school that were published online by news outlets
- Social media mentions from Twitter and Facebook; and
- Stories originating from your school's RSS feeds
Here's what these stories look like inside your account:
Learn more about sorting and filtering your mentions.
Simply click on the mention snippet to view it. From there you can take actions and view it onlin e.
News mention actions
- Trash - Delete this mention from your account
- Save - Add this mention to your saved folder
- Share - Email this mention to a colleague
- Tag - Create new, or apply existing tag to the mention
- Create achievement - If this story came from one of your institutional RSS feeds, you can add this story as an achievement to students' Merit pages
- Create press release - If this story came from one of your institutional RSS feeds, you can send a copy of this story to local media
- Post Story - Add a link to this news story to students' Merit pages
Each day you'll receive a morning and mid-day email that summarize the recent stories discovered by Merit. Each item in the email will include the story's headline, a s nippet of text, a l ink to the article and prompt to log into your Merit account to see more information.
Adding RSS Feeds
Merit allows you to integrate your institution's RSS feeds into Media Monitoring. You can add as many feeds as you want to your account. You can repurpose the content that appears in these feeds on Merit. Because of this, you should only add feeds that your school maintains.
To view your settings and add these feeds, click on the settings option in the Media Monitoring menu.